There has been more incredible learning happening at Drysdale Primary this week! It has been such a delight to have visitors coming to the office. What a talented group of students we have at this school! This week the following students were sent to visit to share their learning;
- Ruby from 1W who used her Writer’s Notebook session to write about fruit bats. Ruby loves fruit bats and has always wanted to see one!
- Alfie from 1W who told me about the Yr1 excursion to Werribee Mansion to learn about their Big Idea ‘Changes happen over time to places, families and communities.’ Alfie told me he saw a chicken laying an egg!
- Fletcher from 1W who also told me about the excursion and drew a very detailed sketch of the mansion in his book. Well done!
- Sid from 1W who did some beautiful writing about how to plant seeds, (Sid, you will have to come and join Gardening Club on a Friday lunch, I think you would love it!)
- Zara from 3E who wrote a very clever poem all about herself with very impressive presentation
- Salem from 4W who explained his learning about improper fractions. Great mathematical thinking Salem!
- William from 1W who told me about the Werribee Mansion excursion and the giant Grandfather clock he saw there
- Eliza from PrepM who wrote a fabulous weekend recount, talking about the challenges of trying to catch the lambs on the farm. Eliza said they didn’t have any luck with the lambs but the mozzies definitely did catch her!
- Nieve from PrepM who also wrote a great weekend recount, talking all about a fun bike ride and a friend’s party. It sounded like a brilliant weekend.
- Jack from 2H who had gone back over all his writing and edited to find spelling and grammar corrections. Impressive work Jack!
- Kate from 2GV who presented her ‘All About Me’ presentation on her iPad. I learnt that Kate loves turtles and really wants one for a pet, (look out Mum and Dad!).
- Isla from 2GV also shared her ‘All About Me’ presentation. I learnt that Isla’s favourite colour is galaxy! I didn’t even know galaxy was a colour so I learnt a lot from this conversation!
- Tilly from 2GV also shared her ‘All About Me’ presentation. I learnt that her favourite movie is Harry Potter and her favourite animal is a sheep, (Perhaps you can help Eliza with her sheep catching Tilly!)
Well done to all of our students for their wonderful learning. I love having visitors popping in and sharing their success! Keep up the great effort everyone.