It all began on October the 1st 1875. A new school of brick with a slate roof, costing 1,140 pounds was opened. This brick school consisted of one large room, a smaller infants room and a gallery built to accommodate 350 children. In its first year there were 115 children attending.
Drysdale Primary school now has an enrolment of approximately 550 students. The original building still remains. The original school rooms are now used as a classroom, a music room and a school canteen. Since 1875 Drysdale Primary School has undergone many buildings and ground updates.
We now have a super facility including 23 classrooms, a school hall/gymnasium, a performing arts stage and resource centre, a fully resourced multimedia area, a well resourced library, attractive and safe playground equipment for all students, a comprehensive curriculum that encourages progress in a wide range of learning areas and a team of dedicated professional educators.