All government schools in Victoria have a school council, which is a legal entity in its own right. School councils operate under the framework of the Education and Training Reform Act 2006 and The Education Regulations 2007.
The School Council at Drysdale Primary School meets in the staffroom on the third Tuesday of each month from 7:00pm.
The School Council achieves outcomes through:
- Meetings and operations
- Subcommittee and working parties
- Engaging contractors is an important part of Drysdale Primary School play a pivotal role in the success of our school and our students.
The current School Council members for Drysdale Primary School are:
- President: Julie Penfold
- Vice President: Stephanie Davey
- Treasurer: Seumus Spark
- Executive-Officer: Glen Lauder
- Secretary: Evan Wailes
- Members: Gary Absolom, Kate Lockhart, Miquel Trujillo Coll, Nic Alonso, Kate Wojcik, Nic Alonso, Rebecca Hoyne, Tara van Winkel
School Council Sub-Committees:
School Council has a range of subcommittees and school councillors join one of the subcommittees. Each subcommittee meets twice a term and reports to School Council making recommendations within their area of responsibility.
- Education and Policy – Glen Lauder, Gary Absolom, Leanne Sharples – This subcommittee reviews and develops school policies and coordinates a cyclical process of policy review. This committee consists of both parents and teachers and is responsible for making recommendations and developing proposals related to curriculum in relation to DEECD guidelines.
- Finance – Glen Lauder, Julie Penfold – This subcommittee covers the preparation of an annual budget, monitoring of expenditure, administration of school funds and the review and coordination of fundraising activities.
- Community – Shane Kennedy, Julie Penfold, Kate Lockhart – The representatives for this committee are responsible for reporting on significant events and upcoming opportunities within the school community. This committee incorporates the Drysdale Market, the Parent Fundraising Group, Kids Matter and Wellbeing.
- Environment – Rebecca Hoyne, Kate Lockhart, Stephanie Davey – This subcommittee is responsible for the maintenance of the grounds and buildings, ensuring they are in a safe and tidy condition, sometimes through working bees. This sub-committee carries out planning for projects of improvements and works closely with the Finance Committee in monitoring the use of funds in School Council reserves.