The Year 6 to Year 7 transition information has arrived. Please click on the link to read Year 6 to Year 7 Transition information pack for parents and carers of students at a government school . It includes some frequently asked questions and general information about what is involved. High schools have been encouraged to offer virtual tours and updated images on their web pages, as well as putting out information on the Year 7 curriculum. Not all schools may have done this, but I would encourage getting in touch with that particular high school if you have yet to decide where your child will attend.
Important things to note:
1. The due date for the form to be returned to the school is Friday 29th May. This can be sent via email or returned in person or mailed to the school.
2. If your child has already been accepted into an independent school, you still need to complete the form and return it. There is a section in there in regards to this.
3. If you are wanting your child to go to an independent school but they are yet to be accepted, you will still need to put in your preference of a state/government school.
4. Here is the link to the digital version of the form http://www.drysdaleps.vic.edu.au/?p=21720. You can complete online and return to the school’s email address email@example.com. If you return the form without a signature on it, it is important that in your return email you also include the statement: “I authorise this form without a signature”. This will be included with your submission form that is sent off to high schools.
5. If you are unable to access the digital version of this document, please let your child’s teacher know ASAP so we can organise to get to you a hard copy.