I have had more visitors to my office since our last newsletter and would love to share some of their learning success with you!
- Kaley from Prep wrote a very detailed weekend recount all about her birthday party. Well done Kaley!
- Isla from Year 2 did wonderful editing of her free verse poem, which was all about dogs!
- Pearl from Year 2 showed me her maths learning, she had recorded her counting forwards by 2s all the way into the high hundreds!
I also had the privilege of facilitating some conferences with Year 5 students and families last night. It was wonderful to see the students feeling so proud of their achievements. Here are some of the highlights from the conferences…
- Ben from Year 5 impressed me with a very engaging narrative titled ‘It’s a Disaster!’ which kept me on the edge of my seat!
- Flynn from Year 5 had composed a very detailed informative text on Germany. I learnt so many new things about Germany, thanks to Flynn.
- Harley from Year 5 explained how he converts improper fractions to proper fractions, showing us all his working out. Well done!
- Meg from Year 5 has a keen interest in horse riding and shared a presentation all about Michelle Payne. Meg spoke clearly and confidently as she presented to her family, she clearly knew her content very well!
- Grace from Year 5 shared a learning activity from Reading. Grace explained that she had read two different texts, both about the Titanic, but each told from a different perspectives. Grace made insightful comments about the differences between the two texts.
- Karissa from Year 5 has been learning about biographies and choose to compose a biography on Justin Bieber! Karissa’s presentation was very detailed, covering all aspect of Bieber’s family, early life and musical career.
Congratulations to all students who presented their learning last night. I know there are many more conferences happening tonight and I look forward to hearing about these also. It is fantastic to see the students sharing evidence of their learning goals and speaking about their own successes and challenges of the year. Amy from Year 4 has composed a piece of writing reflecting on her conference tonight.
My Student Led Conference- A reflection from Amy (4N)
For my Student Led Conference today I will talking about my learning success and also how I could improve my future learning. I will be sharing my learning goals and showing work that relates to each goal. In Reading I will share a bookmark that I made which has questions to use before/during/after the text. In Maths I will be showing some learning I did with time, using both am and pm timings. I have also been working on asking challenging questions for my personal goal. Some more things I will be talking about it how much I enjoy my teachers and how I get to be in a group that is just right for me, not a level that is too hard or too easy for me. Year 4 has definitely helped me learning, I am going to keep working hard and be the best I can and I am going to keep trying new things that I haven’t ever done before. Even though I don’t know everything I am still very proud of myself and my learning. Wish me luck for my Student Led Conference tonight!