Later this term, Drysdale PS will be holding its first ever Colour Run!
After the success of last year’s Mini Mudder, our fantastic Parents Group have been working very hard to bring another memorable whole school event.
Date: Friday 16 March 2018
Race Registration fee – $2 includes sausage in bread and icy pole for lunch and supply of colour for the run
Lunch 12pm – Race begins at 12.30pm
12.30pm – Grades 5 & 6
1.10pm – Grades 3 & 4
1.50pm – Grades 1 & 2
2.30pm – Preps & Grade 6’s Buddy race
3.10pm – Teacher and Parent’s race
Other Important Information
- Registration fee and permission forms must be returned to school by Tuesday 13 March.
- It is a casual dress day. Competitors must wear a white t-shirt. Any colour shorts/skirt/pants can be worn, wear sneakers and rainbow, fluro or colourful accessories (sweat bands, tutu’s, glasses, socks) the more colourful the better. Sunhats will be required on the day please bring one from home as school hats will not be suitable for the day. Please ensure all clothes and shoes are OLD as the colour may not completely come out after washing.
- Please bring a snack, water and an old towel. Change of clothes is optional.
- Volunteers will be instructed to aim colour at competitors shoulders and below, however the wind and other factors may impact this, sunglasses/goggles and a scarf or bandana are recommended to be worn to protect competitor’s eyes and mouth.
- All DPS families are invited to come and watch and participate in the teacher and parent’s race. Please register and pay race registration fee at the office by Tuesday 13 March.
- In order for this to be a fun and smoothly run day for the kids we need your help. Volunteering opportunities commence at 10am for setup in 1 hour time slots, from 12.30pm for the race itself at the obstacle and colour stations and from 3.30pm for pack up. This is a huge, whole school event so please give your time on the day if you are able. We would like to confirm volunteers by the week before and will send out further information soon with details about how you can register.
Firstly, go to www.schoolfundraising.com.au and create a student profile page. Everything to do with your fundraising revolves around this page. Once you have completed this, read through your Sponsorship Form (sent home with children), which has instructions on how to raise money and order prizes.
Students who raise just $10 will receive a reward for their effort. The more they raise, the better their reward – don’t forget to check these out in the sponsorship form. We have educated students on the dangers of door knocking without adult supervision, and we encourage you to reiterate this at home. The best people to ask for sponsorship are people you know (e.g. friends, family, work colleagues and neighbours).
Fundraising closes with all money due on 13 March.
All prizes must be ordered between the 13 March and 19 March 2018. Simply visit schoolfundraising.com.au to log into your Profile Page between these dates. Then click on the ‘Claim Your Prize’ button and follow the prompts. If you have any questions, please contact the CUA School Fun-Run team on 1800 386 786 and they will gladly assist.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if the colour gets in your eyes?
- We strongly recommend competitors wear sunglasses or goggles (you will look cool) it will reduce the chance of getting colour in your eyes. However, the colour is non-toxic – a simple rinse with water will take care of it
Will the colour wash off skin and/or out of hair?
- Yes! The easiest way to get it off is when it’s dry, shake, wiggle, jump and visit the BLOW OFF station. After that warm soap and water, with a rinse and repeat will do the trick.
Are the colours safe?
- The colour powder is made up of cornstarch and water soluble colours which are safe biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
Will the colour ruin clothes and shoes?
- The colour does mostly wash out after the event. As with anything dirty, the sooner you wash it the better. We strongly recommend wearing older clothes and shoes that you don’t mind getting colourful.
How long is the course?
Competitors will complete one full lap of the oval (approx 500 metres)
What do I wear and what do I need to bring?
- Please wear a WHITE T-SHIRT, any colour shorts, leggings, pants can be worn.
- Shoes suitable for running
- Must bring a hat and sunscreen from home, school hats will not be suitable for the day
- It is best to wear older clothes and shoes as the colour may not completely wash out
- Please wear lots of colourful accessories, socks, sweat bands, tutu’s, ribbons
- Each competitor will also need an old towel
- A snack and water bottle
How do I get a fundraising prize?
- Each student who fundraises $10 or more will receive a fundraising prize
- Prices can only be ordered online, so it is essential to set up your online fundraising profile which is quick and easy
- All cash and online donations need to be logged online to be eligible for your prize